Monday, July 12, 2010

Chicken soup for the vegetarian soul...

What do vegetarians eat when they have a cold? :(

I feel sooo sick. But I can practically feel the antibodies building up and by His stripes I'm healed.

Anyway, what am I supposed to eat when swallowing hurts? I can't eat chicken soup.

I don't want to eat msg or additives, so packet soups are out, but I can barely stand, boiling a pot of water is all I feel up to.

Here is my "Chicken" and sweet corn soup.

Ingredients:
1 tin of corn kernels
1 tin of creamed corn
2 teaspoons of grated/minced ginger
1 crushed clove of garlic
1 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 litre of vegie stock (if you are supermama then you have litres of the stuff in your freezer right? oh well, just check the label for numbers first.)
1 tub of firm silken tofu, sliced into cubes or mangled pieces depending on how sick you are.
1 tsp cornflour
1 egg, lightly beaten

NB: if your principles are too strong to resort to opening cans, feel free to chop up massive amounts of corn. however if you are sick, you need to take it easy, well that's how i rationalise it anyway.

Tip everything (except for egg) into a pot, bring it to the boil, remove from heat, then stir in the egg.

If you have the energy, sprinkle some chopped shallots on top. Otherwise, take a bowlful and retreat back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment