Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Freedom Harvest Challenge


I have signed up for the "Freedom Harvest Challenge". The challenge is for people to collectively grow 1 million pounds (453 600 kgs) in their backyards, (or front yard, or window sill, or where ever). Anais at Little Homestead in the City says this amounts to about 400 pounds each (181.5 kgs) eeek!

Oh, well, one of my goals for 2009 was to get the garden back up to scratch, I guess this will help get me more motivated.

I wonder if I should weigh every handful of parsley I sprinkle on our dinners?

Anyway, I'm off to plant some zucchini to pad out my total, ;) they always grow like weeds, he he.

Sign up here: http://www.freedomgardens.org


2 comments:

  1. Well, you know, I'm not quite as gung-ho as you, but admire your fortitude. I have a couple of raised beds and am doing everything from seed, and will just see how things go. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete